Saturday, September 17, 2011

Swimming in publishing news

Among all the other publication news I've gotten recently, I received confirmation today that Hiraeth Press will be publishing a volume of my poetry next fall. I haven't decided on a title for the volume as yet, but I have the contract in hand and will be looking it over soon.

This is a very exciting milestone for me. I've been having poetry published off and on for many years now, in journals and more recently in anthologies. To have a volume of my own poetry published is an honor and a pleasure. There are so many poets who never get to this point in their work. Getting poetry published, unless you do it yourself, can be a very difficult proposition, so it's a thrill to have someone interested enough in my writing to want to print it and send it out into the world.

I reviewed a nonfiction volume from Hiraeth Press a while back -- Jason Kirkey's The Salmon in the Spring, and was very impressed with both the content and the quality of the book itself. I think this bodes very well for the finished volume when they print my poetry.

I'll keep you updated as I get more information on this new volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment